AppWeigh Scale Installation
Installation and configuration of the AppWeigh App
1. Download and Install the AppWeigh App from Google Play Store for Android devices and Apple App Store for Apple devices (YouTube instructions here)
2. Open the app by selecting the AppWeigh App icon on your device.
- Allow the AppWeigh app access to your device’s location if prompted (you will only be asked this the first time the app is opened).
- Allow the AppWeigh app to turn on Bluetooth on your device if prompted – if Bluetooth is off, you will be asked to turn it on each time the app is opened
3. Login or Register new user – Begin by opening the AppWeigh app (Click on the AppWeigh icon on your device) (YouTube instructions here)
- Login using your Facebook account: If you have an existing Facebook account you can login using your Facebook credentials by clicking on the “Login with Facebook” button.
- Register a new user account: Choose this option if you are installing the app for the first time, and do not wish to use your Facebook credentials for set-up. You can register a new user account by clicking on the “Register Now” button; you will then be prompted for additional information. Once completed, click the green checkmark.
- Login with an existing username and password: If you already have a username and password, enter your information and click the green checkmark.
- Once successfully logged in you will be presented with the Home screen, then please proceed to the next step below.
4. Create new Truck or Trailer (YouTube instructions here)
Creating a truck or trailer profile allows you to provide details about your equipment and is required before pairing and installing the AppWeigh sensors. Once created the truck and trailer profiles can be easily added or removed from the Home screen giving you the ability to easily swap trucks or trailer combinations.
Create new Truck
- From the main menu (3 bar icon in upper left of screen), select “My Trucks.”
- From the “My Trucks” screen, select the + sign in the upper right.
- From the “Add Truck” screen, complete the form to create a truck.
- Click the “Done” button when finished (you can edit the profile anytime).
Create new Trailer
- From the main menu (3 bar icon in upper left), Select “My Trailers.”
- From the “My Trailers” screen, select the + sign in the upper right.
- From the “Add Trailers” screen, complete the form to create a trailer.
- Click the “Done” button when finished (you can edit the profile anytime).
Pair AppWeigh Sensor
This section describes how to connect (or pair) the AppWeigh Sensor (hardware) with the AppWeigh App (software). It is very important that you keep track of which sensor was paired to which axle group in the app; we recommend you make note of which axle group and height control valve each sensor belongs to in the original box until, and return the sensor to the box until its ready to be installed on the correct axle group. (YouTube instructions here)
Open the “Setup Sensors” screen for the Truck or Trailer
- From the main menu select “My Trucks” or “My Trailers.”
- From the list, select the Truck or Trailer to edit by clicking the pencil icon next to the name.
- From the Edit screen scroll down and click the “Setup Sensor” button.
Pair Sensor. For accurate results, one AppWeigh sensor must be installed on each independent air suspension system axle group. For systems with dual height control valves, two sensors are required – one for each height control valve. The sensor is packaged without the battery installed. Once the battery is inserted, the sensor will go into “pair” mode for only 2 minutes. The steps for pairing the sensor include inserting the battery, placing the phone or tablet next to the sensor, and then clicking the “Pair Sensor” button for the appropriate axle group (steps 1-7 below detail the pairing process):
- Open the box with the AppWeigh sensor kit, and locate the sensor and the included coin cell battery.
- Remove the sensor cap (by holding the base of the sensor and unscrewing the top), locate where the battery inserts, and be ready to insert the battery.
- From the “Setup Sensors” screen, find the axle group you want to pair.
- Insert the battery into the sensor with positive (+ sign) facing up, then touch the sensor to the phone or tablet, and immediately click the “Pair Sensor” button.
- When the sensor is successfully paired you will receive a message saying it was successful, and you will now see the sensor ID number in the box next to the “Pair Sensor” button. Please note information in the sensor tracking section below for reference when installing the sensor. (If the pairing was unsuccessful, try again by removing the battery, waiting 30 seconds, and then repeating the Pair Sensor steps from the beginning.
- Sensor Tracking: note the axle group and leveling valve (for dual valves only) paired to this sensor.
- Repeat the Pair Sensor section for each AppWeigh Sensor, making sure to keep sensors separated and using the Sensor Tracking section for each sensor to keep track of which axle group the sensor was paired with.
5. Add Equipment to Home screen (YouTube instructions here)
This section describes how to add your Truck and/or Trailer profile to the Home screen in the AppWeigh App. NOTE: Before starting this section the Truck or Trailer profile must be completed and the sensor(s) paired to the axlegroup in the AppWeigh App.
Add Truck to Home screen
- From the Home screen, click the “Add Truck” button.
- From the “Select Truck” screen, select your Truck and click “Submit.”
- The Home screen will show the selected truck.
Add Trailer to Home screen
- From the Home screen, click the “Add Trailer” button.
- From the “Select Trailer” screen, select your Trailer and click “Submit.”
- The Home screen will show the selected trailer.
- Repeat Steps above for multi trailer combinations.
6. The Installation and configuration of the AppWeigh App is now complete – you are ready to install the sensors.
Installation of the AppWeigh Sensor(s)
This section describes the steps for installing the sensor and fittings onto the air suspension system. Before starting this section, the Truck or Trailer profile must be completed and the sensor(s) paired to the axle group(s) in the AppWeigh App. The AppWeigh product comes with both 1/4” and 3/8” push-to-connect Tee Fittings (only one fitting will be needed depending on the size of air line). The fittings may come pre-assembled using the 1/4″ push-to-connect Tee Fitting; if your air line suspension is 3/8” simply swap the 1/4” Tee Fitting with the 3/8” Tee Fitting. (YouTube instructions here)
1. Ensure the fittings are tightly assembled, and attach the sensor to the fittings by screwing the sensor onto the end of the fittings.
2. Apply brakes and chock the wheels.
3. Dump the air pressure from the air suspension system where the sensor will be installed.
4. Identify the axle group where the sensor will be installed and confirm you have the correct sensor that was paired to that axle group in the previous “Pair Sensor” section.
5. Find the location in the air line to install the push-to-connect Tee Fitting. Choose a location in the air line that feeds the airbags, as close to the bags as possible (“down” from the leveling valve).
6. Cut the air line where you intend to insert the Tee Fitting. It is important the cut is at 90 degrees and the edges are square to ensure a tight connection.
7. Clean the ends of the cut air line to remove any dirt or grease.
8. Install Tee Fitting by pushing the cut ends of the air line into the ends of the Tee Fitting, apply a good amount of force to ensure the air line ends go in as far as they can.
9. Start vehicle and let the height control valve(s) charge air system to operating pressure/height.
10. Check for air leaks using soapy water and a spray bottle! It is important that there are no air leaks in the air suspension system for the AppWeigh system to work properly.
11. Complete these steps for each AppWeigh sensor.
12. After installing all AppWeigh sensors proceed to calibration step.
NOTE: To increase receiving range, install the sensor on the side or front of equipment, replacing the included 2” of air line with as much line as needed to reach the desired location.